Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Divergent By Veronica Roth

Hey Blogesphere,

Today I'm going to be reviewing "Divergent" by Veronica Roth. Let me start of this review by saying. AMAZING!! I love this book and it's the best distopian novel I've read other than "The Hunger Games" of course. In this book it follows a girl named Beatrice, or Tris afterwards. In this life the world is set up into different factions. Amity, Abnegation, Dauntless, Candor, and Erudite. Amity is basically farm life, Abnegation is selflessness, Dauntless is courage/fearlessness, Candor is honesty, and Erudite is knowledge. Once you turn sixteen you take a test to tell you which faction you are most suited for. Then afterwards you can pick to either stay with your family, or change factions, which is considered betrayal. When Tris take's this test she is told that she is a Divergent. She is also told to never, ever tell anyone that. A divergent is someone who is not meant for one specific faction, she is fit for Erudite, Dauntless, and abnegation all in one. Tris ends up deciding that she can not go on with her life being so boring and being so selfless. She feels that she was never good at being an abnegation, no matter how hard she tried. She chooses Dauntless. As she says in the book "I am selfish. I am brave" I always say to myself I am dauntless that part is one of my favorite quotes in this book. The rest of the book is Tris's journey of becoming a dauntless. The mystery, the romance, the action in this book has you on the edge of your seat the entire time your reading it. I completely and utterly recommend this book.

This book gets a 4 and a half out of 5

Laugh on
Love on
Live one
Stay in school
Milina <3

No comments:

Post a Comment